Children & Families
Children are fascinating. They grow and change at a constant rate, and their emotional expression is, of course, different from adults. We learn so much about children through their play and imagination. I follow their lead through play therapy, which helps support their social and emotional growth. I am particularly versed in those struggling with developmental delays, psychological and behavioral needs, and life adjustments – helping them in a safe and natural way.
These sessions are with the parents alone, or individually with your child. This can span from younger aged children to teens and young adults. It all depends on your/their needs and goals for therapy.
I can help with:
• Sensory processing
• Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) or other developmental delays
• Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
• Death of a family member or pet
• Traumatic experiences
• Social skills deficits
• Learning disabilities
• Sudden changes in behavior
• And more
I can help with:
• Reflecting on your own childhood and upbringing
• You don’t feel connected to your baby/babies
• Traumatic events you or your child/children may have experienced
• Changing family dynamics
• A baby or toddler with special needs
• Single parenting challenges
• Navigating “mom groups” or “parent groups” especially if not helpful enough
If you have questions about programs you’re considering for your child (such as, daycare, non-public school, residential treatment facility etc.) or your child is in need of IEP (Individualized Education Program) – I offer consultation services to explore and assess which path or programs are best for you.
Request a free 15-minute consultation